Introduction to BCA
Here is a very brief introductory course on Benefit: Cost Analysis in a series of 10 videos. The total duration is only 1 hour 14 minutes, so the content is basic, but it should still be useful for a beginner to start to learn about BCA.
You can watch the videos individually below or as a playlist on YouTube here.
Below these videos is a set of links to my blog posts on Benefit: Cost Analysis and information about more comprehensive training on BCA that is available.
Blog posts on Benefit: Cost Analysis
- 33 – Thinking like an economist 9: Time is money
- 34 – Thinking like an economist 10: Values in the very long term
- 93 – Thinking like an economist 24: With and without
- 126 – Sensitivity analysis with economic models
- 213 – The environmental planning fallacy
- 218 – Valuing environmental intangibles, part 1: The options
- 219 – Valuing environmental intangibles, part 2: The pro’s
- 220 – Valuing environmental intangibles, part 3: The cons
- 221 – Valuing environmental intangibles, part 4: The upshot
- 224 – Torturing ourselves over discounting
- 257 – Be smart, use SMART goals
- 299 – Are higher house prices a benefit or a problem?
- 322. NPV versus BCR part 1
- 323. NPV versus BCR part 2
- 324. NPV versus BCR part 3
- 328. Weitzman discounting
- Decision criteria for Benefit-Cost Analysis – A world of confusion
- 352. Comparing projects of different lifespans in BCA
- 354. BCA criticisms: “any result you want”
- 357. BCA criticisms 2: “too much uncertainty”
High quality BCA template
Applied BCA course
If you’re interested in BCA, I invite you to consider enrolling in my 12-week online course on Applied Benefit: Cost Analysis. Build your BCA expertise and gain the practical skills you need to undertake a complex Benefit: Cost Analysis. Online: high-quality video lectures and interviews, live workshops. No existing economics background required.
Discounts are available for bulk enrolments and for enrolments from selected countries. Bursaries (with a discount of more than 90%) are also available for enrolments from selected countries.
For details of content, timing, pricing and how to apply for discounts or a bursary download this flier:
Applied BCA Flier v4
To enrol click here or on the image at left.
“A fantastic program and course. It is by far the best course I have been involved in. I learned so much and there is still lots to learn which you have shared with links so I can return to refresh/learn as needed.”
“Essential for new BCA users.”
“Taught in an engaging way with many real-world examples.”